Bachelor of Arts in Music Education, University of South Florida, Tampa
Master of Arts in Music Composition, California State University, Northridge
Dorothy always finds it a pleasure to share her enjoyment of music by helping children and adults make music of their own. Teaching music has long been a source of delight for Dorothy. She has taught preschool-age children, retired adults, and every age in between.
She has taught music for the Los Angeles Unified School District, including elementary school vocal music, general music, chorus and orchestra. At LAUSD, she coached other music teachers, and taught special education students, as well as general education students.
For more information about her teaching philosophy, see the Curriculum page.
Dorothy’s varied music experience also includes:
- Performing at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion with the Los Angeles City Elementary Music Teachers’ Association
- Teaching music theory for National Children’s Chorus, Los Angeles
- Singing with the Angeles Chorale
- She has sung and recorded with the St. Louis Symphony Chorus.
- As a church Music Director, she led an adult choir as well as a handbell choir.
- Working with Guitars in the Classroom, she taught classroom teachers how to teach academic subjects to their students by using music.